Saturday, August 18, 2012

Word Work Ideas

It's been a long time since I've posted. I started the summer extremely motivated to look into and work on some new things for the upcoming school year. Then July hit, I went on vacation, and even though I was only physically gone for 5 days, it took me a lot longer to come back mentally. The school year starts for me on Monday, and I'm excited to gradually start implementing some of the new ideas I gathered over the summer.

I think I'm going to stick to what I've done in the past and gradually start implementing some Daily 5 ideas along the way. One I know I'm going to start out with right away is word work. Below are things that will be debuting in my classroom right from the start!

Scrabble Spelling-


I saw this idea and many variations on lots of blogs. I purchased a set of Scrabble tiles from ebay, and contacted Protiles to get four sets of tiles at a discounted teacher rate. There were lots of worksheets out there, and I think the one that's best suited for my classroom came from 3rd Grade's a Hoot.

BOGGLE- Another great idea I saw on many blogs. There are lots of printables out there, but I'm going to use the letters and worksheet from Create Teach Share.

Word of the Week-
Another idea I'm taking from Create Teach Share!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment